Saturday 26 September 2009

My blog's gone down the bog

....An expression I nicked from my father, but which I think is kind of fitting for my current mood!

Oh dear. As I was saying over on Steve's blog I have kind of, or rather I HAVE, lost the will and energy to blog recently. Perhaps this is a blogging mid-life crisis!

Basically my job is taking up a lot of my time and energy leaving me with little space for other stuff. Weekends are too short and there always seem to be massive amounts of things to do. I'm tired in the evenings when I get home and then I have to do stuff like marking and preparing. Mmmm all sounds too familiar, eh?? But it's true. And in addition to all of that, I've also been overwhelmed with a real "can't be bothered" attitude of late - I'm finding it pretty hard to muster up both the inclination and enthusiasm to write blog posts at present. Sound like a right old drama queen don't I? Oh woe is me!

I have to add (and this is going to sound quite self-pitying and maybe even childish) the fact that I haven't been receiving many comments from other bloggers has also been something of a determining factor. It feels like what I'm writing is a bit of a waste of time and no-one's interested. A lot of people who used to stop by and leave welcome contributions seem to have vanished into the ether. Conversely, some other bloggers I know receive tons of comments/feedback on their sites, which has left me thinking that the subject matter and content of my own site is a no-no to most and perhaps even boring. On the other hand, there ARE other blogs out there which also receive 0 comments, so I guess I should take solace from the fact that I'm not the only one. These people soldier on and write posts on what they know and love, regardless! They don't give a damn!! And of course just because people don't leave comments on your site doesn't mean they're not reading your stuff. All of this is probably a case of Cheeser paranoia. But it hasn't helped and I do feel quite disheartened...!

SO. I don't want to shut down this old (or rather fairly new) blog. So what I'm proposing is to carry on writing posts but just a bit less regularly. Perhaps once a month. I don't want to go away entirely!

Have a great weekend whatever you're up to...

OC xx

6 comments:

  1. Not receiving any comments is a prime cause of motivation and there's nothing wrong with admitting it. Trouble is to receive comments you need to be reading and commenting on loads of other people's blogs and that is... for all it's enjoyable... time and energy consuming. All of which is time and energy that you don't have at the moment. It is a bit of a vicious circle. Blogging in all its aspects is very consuming. I for one hope you don't go away. And I hope more that you find the energy and will to return blogging properly one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Steve (as usual) is right...however, I'm hoping you won't disappear in to the blogosphere too. Blogging is very rewarding but she's a demanding mistress as well. I'll keep popping in cos thats how annoying I am! Hugs, chuck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, the old cycle of blogging. Boom then bust then boom again. The more you comment, the more comments you receive. I've been blogging for five years and my comments record is 16, so I've never been all that successful at it. It's hard work, isn't it? Like you, sometimes I have all the time in the world for it, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I am in love with it, sometimes I really can't be arsed. But, honestly, don't go disappaearing on us Old Cheeser - we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's odd that something so fun as blogging should make us feel so guilty if we don't do it. Don't disappear, just post when you can x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guys and gals,

    Thank you very much for your kind comments. Tis much appreciated. I take onboard all that you're saying...And I'm NOT going away! I'll just be here...slightly less frequently, shall we say.

    OC xx

    ReplyDelete