Friday 26 June 2009

RIP Farrah and Michael


Okay, so I said I wouldn't be back until early July due to work stuff but I just had to post a quick comment about the deaths of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Some of you probably know that Farrah was suffering from terminal cancer so her passing doesn't come as a huge surprise, but...Michael Jackson?? At age 50 that's way too young to go and it's food for thought. Of course as we're all aware, he exhibited some very "off the rails" behaviour in recent years and his musical output also dwindled as well as (in my view) decreasing in quality...however in his heyday he was the tops ("Thriller" and "Off The Wall" are two of my favourite all time albums). I'm sure people won't disagree when I say that in his "early days" he was a genuine cutie (see pic above) until he started to "go white". Still, very sad and inexplicable news. Going back to Farrah, I am a big Charlie's Angels fan and loved her as Jill Munroe in the first season on the show. The "Farrah" hairdo (see above) became a world-wide phenomena and those teeth were ... dazzling! Post-"Charlie's", Farrah's career arguably wasn't all that great and she was often celebrated more for her looks than acting abilities (although I heard "The Burning Bed" and "Extremities" gave her a chance to prove otherwise - not seem them myself).

Anyway, two sad losses. RIP Farrah and Michael. I'll have to write some proper tributes later. Comments??

2 comments:

  1. I think Farah Fawcett's death will be eclipsed in the same way that Ian Curtis's was by John Lennon's which is a shame as she was just as much of an icon as Jackson. I always preferred Cheryl Ladd in Charlie's Angels but won't deny the impact Farah Fawcett made in the late 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the media circus re MJ will be the real sad part! Those same ratbags were busy writing dirt last week and grovelling this one, I'm cynical I guess.
    I think perhaps people get OTT about "celebrity" deaths because it reminds us all that we're all on the same bus really!

    ReplyDelete