Wednesday 20 July 2011

Not many new posts...

....from moi, as you can see.

Ho hum!

Sorry, peeps!

And they're probably aren't going to be any for the next few weeks, either. Tomorrow I am heading off on my hols to Cornwall. I must admit I am rather excited, having never visited that neck of the woods before (even though I was actually born in Falmouth but was, erm, far too young to remember). We're staying in Newquay, which I've heard lots of good things about, not to mention Cornwall itself - we're planning on visiting lots of other places in the county too - St Ives, Tintagel, etc. The gay scene there looks pretty non-existent but then, that's not the be-all and end-all is it?! After that I'm back home for a few days but have scarcely time to rest before setting off on another trip, this time to visit folks/friends up North - and I'm going to be journeying from place to place - a Yorkshire/Lancashire/Leicestershire road trip no less: my family in York; a mate in Newcastle; a place in the Pennines called Haltwhistle; then Morecambe, Lancs, where one of my oldest friends resides (looks gloriously tacky but don't tell him that...) and finally Loughborough near Leicester. Should be good!

Not been many "cheesy" posts of late, I know, and still nothing on the last series of Dr Who!! You want the truth? I can't be bothered to watch all the episodes from Season Six again, in order to write some reviews! What has happened to me?! When I started my original blog, one of my main aims was to write a lot of posts on Dr Who-related things but over time my interest has really waned...am I turning into a boring old fart? Nah. I just wasn't that crazy about the latest series, that's all (and I agree with what you said, Amanda! And Tim, yes, perhaps I should dust out some old series DVDs and write about those instead!)

Anyways, enough of that. Have a fab Summer whatever you're doing everyone and I will be back...

OC x

8 comments:

  1. Mate, you'll love Cornwall. I went for the first time about 4 years ago and absolutely fell in love with the place. It's brilliant. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have rellies in Cornwall apparently, Mevagysy (or some spelling like that!), have a great time. And I am glad you agree with me, I may not always be right but you will find it is easier to do so! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    Steve: If you enjoyed it then I'm bound too...

    Amanda: Just googled the place name and it's spelt Mevagissey (these Cornish names are weird)...I think you should track your rellies down! Oh yes, you are coming across as something of a dominatrix now?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy summer holidays Cheeser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a lovely time in Cornwall with all that delicious clotted cream!

    Meanwhile, don't feel you HAVE to write about the old Doctor Who stories... but they're always worth another watch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So now, I've been off for ages and now I'm back and trying to catch up with everyone only to find that now you have disappeared ! Where are you? I'm a bit worried given that in reading back, I see that you were in hospital for a bit. That all sounds a bit traumatic - hope you're fully recovered now even with all your summer holiday travelling. As for Dr Who, I haven't even watched this new series yet. I will eventually but like you, I was more than a little disappointed earlier this year. Hurry back, my honey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, are you back from Cornwall or did they capture you? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's official. You're a slack tart! :-) What you been up to then eh?

    ReplyDelete